(The ingredients in bold are available in the webshop.)
For 4 persons:
- 1 yam
- 500 g beef
- 1 tomato
- 1 small tin of tomato purée
- 1 onion
- 2 spring onions
- 1 fresh green chilli pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of zomi
- white penja pepper
- Chop the onion and cut the meat in pieces.
- Put the meat and onion in a pan with some oil and fry for about 15 minutes.
- Peel the yam and cut it in slices.
- Put the yam slices in cold water and set aside.
- Cut the tomato in pieces.
- Add salt and penja pepper to the beef.
- Take the pan off the heat and set aside.
- Cut the spring onions and fry these together with the crushed garlic and zomi in another pan.
- After 10 minutes, add the tomato purée, the whole green chilli and bay leave.
- Add the meat and the meat juice.
- Put a lid on the pan and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the yam and a bit of water.
- Let it boil for another 15 minutes until the sauce is somewhat thick. Remove the green chilli from the suce.
Serve on a pretty plate with some white rice if desired. Enjoy!
Why don’t you try music from Ivory Coast with this dish! For example: Magic System with the album 1er Gaou.