This recipe of Roasted Sweet Potato Tart is an ital dish that is super easy to prepare and delicious !
Mit’ten shiro and kororima do come originally from Ethiopia. I use them in this recipe as i find that these 2 ingredients really add something: a little bit of spiciness and a nutty flavor.
(The ingredients in bold are available in the webshop.)
For 4 persons:
- 1 bag of puff pastry sheets
- 1 onion
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp mit’ten shiro
- 1 pack of feta cheese
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Smear some butter all over the oven dish so that it becomes easy to remove the tart from the dish when serving it later. Place 6 sheets of puff pastry flat to cover the whole oven dish, and put it in the oven, and bake for 20 mins.
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes, and let them boil 3 mins. Drain them.
- Peel and cut the onion and place them in another oven dish on top of the sweet potatoes. Add some olive oil. Add the mit’ten shiro powder and grind some kororima (with a pepper mill) on top of it. Put some thyme on top of it, and stir. Put the coconut oil on top of it. Put the oven dish in the oven during 5 mins.
- Take both oven dishes out of the oven, stir the sweet potato mix and add it on top of the puff pastry.
- Crumbled the feta cheese on top of everything else in your oven dish.
- Put the oven dish back in the oven until the feta cheese is well melted. Enjoy !
Why don’t you try music from Reunion with this Roasted Sweet Potato Tart ? For example: Kaf Malbar with the album Subliminal.