(The ingredients in bold are available in the webshop.)
For 4 persons:
- 4 to 6 chicken wings or legs
- 1 tin of palmnut cream
- 1 tin of saka saka
- 4 tbs zomi
- 2 tbs peanut paste (100% peanut)
- white penja pepper
- 1 onion
- 4 ripe cooking bananas
- 1 birds eye chilli
- 1 mango (optional)
- 2 cloves
- Put the palm nut sauce in a big pan. Add half a litre of water and stir gently.
- Add the zomi, salt, white penja pepper, cloves, onion and the birds eye chilli.
- Gently add the chicken.
- Leave to simmer for 30 minutes and stir frequently.
- Drain the saka saka and add to the pan.
- In the meantime, boil the rice.
- Cook the cooking bananas in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Cut the mango in pieces.
- Add the peanut butter and the pieces of mango to the sauce and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve on a nice plate and enjoy!
Tip: Wear an apron while preparing this dish. Stains of the palm nut sauce are difficult to remove!
Why don’t you try music from Congo with this dish! For example: Pamelo Mounk’a with the album Les merveilles du passé.