(The ingredients in bold are available in the webshop.)
For 4 persons:
- 3 tbs Kamoka
- 400 g sweet condensed milk
- 250 ml crème fraiche
- 2 eggs white (you can buy pasteurized egg whites in the supermarket, if you prefer)
- ice cream machine
- In a recipient, whip de crème fraiche and add the sweet condensed milk progressively.
- Add the Kamoka and stir.
- Whip the egg whites into snow in another bowl.
- Add the egg whites snow to your Kamoka mix and stir very gently.
- Put your mix in the recipient of your ice cream machine and stir 1 a 2 times during the ice making process so that the Kamoka does not drop to the bottom of your recipient.
Kamoka is roasted maize flour. Roasting the maize flour gives it a delicious mocha-like flavour!
In Cape Verde people make desserts with kamoka, like a mousse or cake. Or try this ice ceam: really surprising and very yummy!
Why don’t you try music from Cape Verde with this dessert! For example: Elida Almeida with the album Djunta Kudjer.