(The ingredients in bold are available in the webshop.)
For 4 persons:
- 1 tin egusi cream
- 1 can of sieved tomatoes
- 400 g shrimps
- 400 g tilapia filet
- 500 g spinach (frozen)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 fresh yellow or green chilli
- 2 tbs grinded crayfish
- 15 cl peanut oil
- 1 bay leaf
- half tsp dried thyme
- white penja pepper
- Cook the shrimps in boiling water.
- Let them cool off and take off the skin. Set aside for use later.
- Sauté the chopped onion in a pan with oil.
- Add the tomatoes and chopped garlic and let it simmer.
- Add the shrimps and 50 cl of water together with the bay leaf, the thyme and the grinded crayfish. Bring to a boil.
- Add the egusi cream and the whole chilli.
- Bring to a boil and let it boil another 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
This recipe will serve around 6 to 8 people. Instead of the egusi cream you can also use ground egusi. In that case, add additional water in step 6. Serve with rice or fufu. If desired, remove the chilli from the sauce.
Why don’t you try music from Nigeria with this dish! For example: Fela Kuti with the album Shakara.