(The ingredients in bold are available in the webshop.)
For 4 persons:
- half cup of djumblé (dried okra powder)
- 200 g smoked dried fish
- cassava fufu of rice
- 3 tbs zomi
- 600 g smoked chicken
- 1 crab (optional)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 fresh red chilli peppers
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Fry the chicken and a half chopped onion in a bit of oil.
- Add half a glass of water and leave to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the dried fish (and the crab) and add another litre of water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the other onion half, tomatoes, zomi and the uncut chillies.
- Add salt to taste and let everything simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Add the djumblé.
- Simmer for another 15 minutes on low heat.
- Prepare the fufu according to package instructions if you chose this option.
- Serve the djumblé sauce with the fufu or with the rice.
Why don’t you try music from Ivory Coast with this dish! For example: Ernesto Djedje with the album Zibote.