(The ingredients in bold are available in the webshop.)
- 100 g degue
- bourbon vanilla powder
- 50 g crème fraîche
- 75 g buttermilk
- 150 g sweet condensed milk
- 125 g unsweetened yoghurt
- 50 g cottage cheese
- 50 g yellow raisins
- pinch of nutmeg
- orange blossom water
- Leave the raisins to soak in a bowl with some cold water and place in the fridge.
- Pour 120 ml boiling salt water onto the degue in another bowl and leave for 5 minutes.
- Add a bit more boiling water in case the degue is not cooked after 5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Add the crème fraîche to the cold degue and stir well to prevent lumps.
- Remove the water from the bowl with raisins.
- To the degue, add the buttermilk, condensed milk, yoghurt, cottage cheese and raisins and stir well.
- Put some film on the bowl and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Finally, add a bit of vanilla powder, nutmeg and orange blossom water.
- Stir well and enjoy!
Note: Degue (millet) is a gluten free ingredient.
Why don’t you try music from Mali with this dish! For example: Fatoumata Diawara with the album Fatou.