(The ingredients in bold are available in the webshop.)
For 4 persons:
- 500 g soft dates
- 200 g whole almonds
- 1 chicken in pieces
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1 courgette
- 1 red sweet pepper
- 2 star anise
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 cube of chicken stock
- 2 tbs cut fresh coriander
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- white penja pepper
- salt, oil
- Cut the vegetables in pieces.
- Heat some oil in a large pan.
- Add the chicken and turn the heat lower.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic to the chicken.
- Next, add the carrots, almonds, dates, star anise, ginger powder, cube of chicken stock and a bit of water.
- Add salt and penja pepper and leave to boil softly for 15 minutes.
- Add the courgette and sweet pepper and cook them until ‘al dente’.
- In the meantime, prepare the couscous according to package instructions.
- Finally add the fresh coriander.
- Place the couscous and the chicken mixture on a pretty dish.
Why don’t you try music from Marocco with this dish! For example: Jil Jilala with the album La Tayass.