(The ingredients in bold are available in the webshop.)
For 4 persons:
- half a yam
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- white penja pepper
- peanut oil
- 1 tin of corned beef
- Cut the onion, sauté in a bit of oil for 1 minutes and then add the tomatoes.
- Add salt and penja pepper to taste.
- After 5 minutes on medium heat, add the corned beef and fry for another 10 minutes.
- Peel the yam and cut it in slices or bars.
- Fry the yam pieces in a frying pan with a bit of oil. Turn them regularly until they are soft on the inside and of light yellow colour.
It’s possible to replace the yam with gari (cassava flour).
Why don’t you try music from Benin with this dish! For example: Gangbé Brass Band with the album Go Slow to Lagos.