(The ingredients in bold are available in the webshop.)
For 4 persons:
- 4 chayotes
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 50 g fresh ginger
- 1 ts voatsiperifery pepper
- combava zest
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbs oil
- Leave the chayotes to soak in cold water for 10 minutes and then peel them.
- Boil them in salted water during 30 minutes.
- Cut them in cubes of around 2 centimetres. Set aside.
- Peel the onions and chop them. Set aside. Crush the garlic and ginger together.
- Saute the onions in a bit of oil for around 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger, the combava zest, the voatsiperifery pepper and the turmeric.
- Cut the tomatoes in cubes and add them to the onions. Mix together.
- Let everything bake for another 3 minutes.
- Add the chayotes and 10 cl water. Stir well.
- Leave to simmer for another 5 minutes.
Why don’t you try music from Madagascar with this dish! For example: Kristel with the album TNM.