This recipe of “Carob Flan with Papaya Jam” is our own creation. Through the use of 3 exotic ingredients (carob, papaya en passionfruit), this recipe gets a delicious fresh flavor.
(The ingredients in bold are available in the webshop.)
- 1 tsp carob powder
- papaya jam
- 4 passionfruits
- 2 eggs
- 250 gram ricotta
- 60 gram sugar
- 60 gram yogurt
- butter to grease
- Whisk the eggs and the sugar in a blender.
- Add the ricotta, yogurt and carob powder and blend.
- Pour the mixture into 4 small oven dishes after you greased them with butter.
- Put them in a pre-warmed oven (180C) en leave them to cook for approx. 35 mins.
- Take the flans out the oven and let them cool down. Place them afterwards in the fridge. If you prepare the flans early in the afternoon, you will be able to serve them in the evening.
- Take the flans carefully out the dishes and spread the papaya jam on top of them.
- Cut the passionfruits open and get the fruit pulp out of them. Place the fruit pulp next to the flans on a plate.
Why don’t you try music from Angola with this Flan ! For example: Don Kikas with the album Regresso à Base.