(The ingredients in bold are available in the webshop.)
For 4 persons:
- 3 ripe cooking bananas
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- white penja pepper
- spicy sauce with mango (optional)
- salt, oil
- Cut the tomatoes and onion in pieces.
- Pour a little oil in a hot pan and add the onion, tomatoes, salt and crushed penja pepper.
- Let if simmer until it becomes a sort of tomato sauce. If preferred, add some spicy sauce with mango.
- Cut the cooking bananas in slices and deep fry them in oil until they are brown.
- Remove the slices gently from the oil with a skimmer and place them on a plate with a few paper towels.
- Also place a paper towel on top of the cooking bananas (=alloco) to remove excess oil.
- Serve the sauce with the alloco.
Why don’t you try music from Ivory Coast with this dish! For example: Victor Deme with the album Deli.