(The ingredients in bold are available in the webshop.)
For 4 persons:
- 4 ripe cooking bananas
- 1 smoked mackerel
- 1 can African aubergines
- 100 g smoked dried fish
- half a cup of zomi
- 1 tbs grinded crayfish
- 2 birds eye peppers (optional)
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 tin of crab meat
- oil for deep frying
- Drain the aubergines and remove the tops.
- Wash and cut the tomato. Chop the onion.
- Sauté the onions in a bit of oil together with the tomato, birds eye chillies, grinded crayfish and crab meat.
- Add the dried fish and 200 ml water and let it all simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the aubergines.
- Cut the dried mackerel open, remove the skin and bones.
- Cut the mackerel in pieces and add these to the sauce.
- Add the zomi and keep the pan on a low heat.
- Peel the cooking bananas, cut them in slices and deep fry them until golden brown. Remove the slices gently from the oil with a skimmer and place them on a plate with a few paper towels.
- Serve the sauce next to the alloco (deep fried cooking bananas).
Why don’t you try music from Ivory Coast with this dish! For example: Daouda with the album The best of Daouda.